“Australia’s First 24hrs Obstacle Race Championship”
Date: Sat 6th – Sun 7th June 2015
Where: Dargle Farm, River Rd, Lower Portland NSW
True Grit is a fun and challenging military inspired obstacle race taking place on 6th and 7th June 2015. True Grit has teamed up with the Obstacle Course Racing Association of Australia (OCRA) to stage the True Grit – Australian 24hr Enduro, a 24hr Obstacle Course event that sees the Australian titles in long course obstacle racing awarded. The course will be open from 2pm on the Saturday afternoon to 2pm on the Sunday afternoon. That’s 24 hours of True Grit obstacle racing. It’s not for the faint hearted. For more information please visit the True Grit – Australian 24hr Enduro website
Please be aware that there also is a volunteer registration link on the event website for other volunteering options – different conditions apply. The below opportunity can only be accessed through the registration on this page NOT via the event website.
Volunteer for True Grit – Australian 24hr Enduro
Do you need a break from the busy city life? Are you dreaming about a fun getaway with friends? Do you miss the sound of a wood fire crackle, the smell of BBQ Marshmallows and the warm atmosphere of a camp? And above all you’d like to support a great event and have the chance to run a great obstacle course in a serene setting?
Don’t look further! We are organising a unique getaway weekend for you and your friends, which of course involves volunteering at a unique event as part of a fabulous team.
Be part of the volunteer team and support this great event! You can choose to have the evening shift or the unique and memorable night experience!
Volunteer Role: Obstacle Marshal (same for all shifts – see more info on the left)
There are 3 different shifts for 3 different experiences! You have the option for a longer evening shift or shorter night-time shifts.
- 3pm – 11pm – The Evening Eagle
- 10pm – 4am – The Overnight Owl
- 3am – 8am – The Sunrise Sparrow
Don’t be scared by late finishes and early starts – we have a great weekend planned for you with a bunch of new friends! See the plan below! Please note if you wish to drive yourself and come only for the shift time – that is absolutely fine
Saturday 6th June
- 12:30pm: A friendly team will welcome you at Windsor Station (shuttle must be booked) and will drive you to the event site – for The Evening Eagles
- 1pm – 2:30pm: Set up a cosy camp and settle in
- 2:30pm: Official meeting and get together on site (if you prefer to drive and meet on site for this time that is ok! Parking is free for volunteers)
- 3pm – 11pm The Evening Eagle shift – you will have a meal supplied during your shift (from 11pm you can enjoy camp and sleep until morning)
- 6pm: The friendly team will pick up again from Windsor Station (shuttle must be booked) and will drive you to the event – for Overnight Owls and Sunrise Sparrows
- 6:30pm – 8pm: Set up a cosy camp and settle in
- 8pm: Official meeting and get together over dinner – then off to bed for The Sunrise Sparrows for their early start
- 10pm – 4am The Overnight Owl shift – you will get a midnight snack to keep you going (from 4am you can get a few hours sleep in camp)
Sunday 7th June
- 2.30am Wake Up Call for all Sunrise Sparrows, grab a coffee and be ready for your sunrise shift
- 3am – 8am The Sunrise Sparrow shift – you will get a snack as the sun rises for some extra energy
- 9am: Breakfast with the entire Volunteer Team (Eagles, Owls and Sparrows) to meet and share stories of your volunteering overnight!
- 10am: FREE run (regular True Grit event entry) – Be ready to sweat if you run OR if you are not up for the challenge to encourage the volunteers along the way if you don’t run – you MUST book to run
- From 12pm: Eventeamwork Team will drive you back to Windsor Station.
What you need to bring
- Camping Equipment (tent, mat, sleeping bag)
- Warm clothes (gloves, beanie, water proof jacket, change of clothes, spare shoes for the run…)
- Additional food and drinks as needed
Register Now – Please register for your preferred shift on the left hand side. Make sure you read through the information above. Encourage your friends to sign up to experience this together.
If you have any questions please email us on [email protected]