Dates: 17th – 19th May 2013
Eventeamwork is very excited to be involved in The Sydney Morning Herald Half Marathon for the second year and we would love you to be part of it!
The Sydney Morning Herald Half Marathon will be held in Sydney CBD on Sunday the 19th of May. This year we also need volunteers to help at the Half Marathon Expo on Friday 17th and Saturday 18th of May.
The Sydney Morning Herald Half Marathon is presented by Colonial First State. It’s Australia’s largest and most prestigious half marathon. This year the event has been expanded to include a two-person relay to complement the 21.1km course.
The Relay consists of teams of two and is split into a 7km and 14km leg. For more event information go to http://www.smhhalfmarathon.com.au/
The event raises much needed funds for many charities, including Breast Cancer Network Australia.
We are looking for volunteers to join the team and assist the event in the following roles:
- Expo Volunteers (17th or 18th of May)
- Relay Area Assistant (19th of May)
Location: Sydney Lower Town Hall
How to get there
Town Hall Station – Sydney Lower Town Hall, Druitt St Exit
- Delivering positive customer service to all participants
- Efficient race pack collection
- Answering any last minute event day questions
- Providing directions for those collecting their race packs
Relay Area Assistants
Metcalf Park, Pyrmont (next to Fairfax building near The Star)
How to get there
30 minute walk from town hall or
Light Rail from Central to The Star than a 2 minute walk to Metcalf Park or
Check www.13500.com.au from best options from your location. Parking is also available at The Star for $25
- Help event organisers with the start line set up
- Direct participants to their allocated start slots
- Give information
- Manage pedestrian flow.
- You will need to be fit to help move equipment around if required
Volunteer Benefits include
- Event T-Shirt
- Being part of an exciting event
- Volunteer Certificate