Date: 23rd -29th March 2015
Location: Sydney International Regatta Centre, Old Castlereagh Road, Castlereagh, NSW 2749
The Sydney International Rowing Regatta (SIRR) is Australia’s premier rowing event. The week long event will be held from 23-29 March 2015 at the Sydney International Regatta Centre (SIRC) comprises the following signature events:
- Australian Open Rowing Championships
- Australian Open Schools Rowing Championships
- King’s and Queen’s Cup Interstate Regatta
Event website: http://www.rowingdownunder.org/
Please be aware that there also is a volunteer registration link on the event website. This is for the skilled roles of timekeepers, rowing officials and administration roles – different conditions apply. The below customer service role of Event Entry Assistant can only be accessed through the registration on this page NOT via the event website.
Join the Volunteer Team and make this great international event possible. Volunteers will assist in customer service roles as Entry Assistants. Please read through the role description and information below before signing up.
Register now for your preferred shifts/days on the left hand side of this page
Event Entry Assistant volunteers are required to complete a minimum of 3 shifts/days for the event. Please contact us if you wish to discuss this.
Role Description – Event Entry Assistant
Volunteers will assist with controlling entry and exit points at the event and ensure correct and safe passage of people and vehicles through barriers.
- check correct accreditation and tickets at entry points
- direct people to accreditation booths or ticket outlets
- resolve any ticketing issues with ticketing supervisor
- liaise with security
- direct people and vehicles to the correct gates
- direct cyclists away from pedestrian areas and direct pedestrians away from cycleways
- support event services team with other tasks if and as required
- customer service attitude
- good humour
- be firm and polite when required
- be on your feet for extended periods
Please be aware Sufficient breaks, meals, water and refreshments will be provided through the day but it is important that you are prepared for a long but very fun day :)! If you have any concerns and wish to discuss please contact us on [email protected]
Each day there are two shifts available:
Shift 1: 5.45am – 3.00pm
Shift 2: 7.30am – 5.00pm
For those travelling by train, we can organise a pick up from Penrith train station. If you require this, please email us at [email protected] after registering for your shifts and we book you in for a shuttle pick up/ drop off.
- official volunteer uniform incl shirt, cap, drink bottle and bag
- Food and drink during your shift
- Access to the Volunteer Lounge
- The experience of volunteering at an amazing event
- Opportunity to view quality racing
- Free parking for on duty days
- Thank you function (Sunday 29th March)
- Volunteer Certificate
- Reference Letter as required
- Free entry to watch the Regatta between 23rd and 27th March (with Volunteer Accreditation)
- Free entry on 28th and 29th March if volunteering for one shift on either Saturday or Sunday
Please register for your preferred shifts on the left hand side of this page