Date: 14th-20th March 2016
Location: Sydney International Regatta Centre, Old Castlereagh Road, Castlereagh, NSW 2749
The Sydney International Rowing Regatta (SIRR) is Australia’s premier rowing event. The week long event will be held from 14th-20th March 2016 at the Sydney International Regatta Centre (SIRC) and comprises the following signature events:
- Australian Open Rowing Championships
- Australian Open Schools Rowing Championships
- King’s and Queen’s Cup Interstate Regatta
This year the regatta will also hold some exciting new events such as a Men’s and Women’s Club Eights and two new interstate races featuring para-rowing for the first time.
For more information take a look at the event website: http://www.rowingdownunder.org/
Join the Volunteer Team and make this great international event possible. Volunteers will assist in spectator services roles. Please read through the role description and information below before signing up.
Role Description – Spectator Services Assistant
Volunteers will assist with controlling entry and exit points at the event, ensuring correct and safe passage of people and vehicles through barriers and providing general information and assistance to spectators.
- Check correct accreditation and tickets at entry points and resolve any ticketing issues with ticketing supervisor
- Direct athletes, spectators and vehicles to correct event area (accreditation booths, ticket outlets, gates)
- Provide general information and assistance to spectators at information booths
- Liaise with security
- Monitor movable barriers to ensure correct and safe passage of people and vehicles
- Support event services team with other tasks if and as required
- Customer service skills
- Good humour
- Be firm and polite when required
- Be on your feet for extended periods
- Go-get attitude
Spectator Services Assistants are required to complete a minimum of 4 shifts for the event. Please contact us if you wish to discuss this.
- Official volunteer uniform including shirt, cap, drink bottle and bag
- Food and drink during your shift
- The experience of volunteering at an amazing event
- Opportunity to view quality racing
- Last chance to see Australia’s 2016 Olympians in action before Rio!
- Free parking on duty days
- Thank you function (Sunday 20th March)
- Volunteer Certificate/Reference Letter as required
- Free entry to watch the Regatta on the day you’re volunteering
How to sign-up
Register for your preferred shifts by clicking on this link: http://bit.ly/1Rh1gIW
Please be aware that all registration needs to be completed directly through the event website. Eventeamwork is working closely with Rowing Australia, however this year the volunteer registration will take place through the SIRR volunteer registration system (Better Impact) directly, rather than the Eventeamwork CERVIS.
Even if you are registered on the Eventeamwork CERVIS system you won’t be able to log in to the SIRR volunteer system (Better Impact) automatically. You need to create a new profile following the link above. Please call us on 0488 007 673 or email us if you have any questions or need any assistance with the registration process.
- Follow the link http://bit.ly/1Rh1gIW
- Select ‘Fill in an application’ on the right hand side of the page
- Follow the quick and easy steps to complete your volunteer profile
- Once you are on the home page select the OPPORTUNITIES section
- Scroll down and select SPECTATOR SERVICES
- You can then view all the available shift times and choose the ones you would like
Please note that the volunteer training will take place on Sunday 13th March 2016 at the Sydney International Regatta Centre.