Event Dates: 23 September 2017
Location: Surry Hills – in and around Crown Street, Shannon Reserve and Ward Park.
Sydney’s most loved inner city celebration continues to celebrate all there is to love about the iconic suburb, highlighting and exploring the area’s history, colourful culture, diversity and community spirit the suburb is hailed for. All funds raised on the day go to community programs presented by Surry Hills Neighbourhood Centre.
Join us in celebrating the Surry Hills Community!
A large part of the success of the annual Surry Hills Festival lies with the passionate enthusiastic volunteers who give so generously of their time in the lead up to the Festival and on Festival Day.
Shift Registrations are now OPEN – see available shifts on the left hand side.
Event Day – Fabulous Fundraising Team – Registrations OPEN
- Register for a shift to assist the Festival in their fundraising effort and be part of the Fabulous Fundraising Team
- The Festival is the major fundraiser for the Surry Hills Neighbourhood Centre, which makes important community services available and gives life, hope and support to people
- A very rewarding and fun role
- Shifts are short so you have plenty of time to enjoy the festival also
Pre-event Art Workshop Assistant (including Decor Installation) – Registrations OPEN
- Every Thursday and Saturday shifts available
- Engage the community in participating in the public art projects
- Assist with final assemblage and decor installation in preparation of the Festival day
- Have fun being involved and supporting outstanding projects
Pre-event Operations Assistant – Registrations OPEN
- Work with Site Manager and assist with setting up signage, marking up sites
- Assist with directions to stall holders and event infrastructure re their set up
- Great opportunity to get an insight into event production while assisting the Surry Hills Neighbourhood Centre.
Please register now on the left hand side.
We are also looking for Team Leaders to head up our wonderful Fundraising Team on Festival Day. Team Leaders need to be excited about fundraising, have the ability to motivate others and available to for the whole day. You bring the enthusiasm and we will prep you for the day! If this sounds like you – please email us on [email protected] to let us know.
- A meal and beverages
- Feeling of contribution and satisfaction
- Certificate of Appreciation
- Supporter Thank You event
Plus volunteers get to experience a great team spirit, and the reward of knowing that their investment has been part of raising awareness and financial support for the community service of the Surry Hills Neighbourhood Centre.
Register today on the left hand side.