Event Dates: 24 September 2016
Location: Surry Hills – in and around Crown Street, Shannon Reserve and Ward Park.
“The Surry Hills Festival is produced by the Surry Hills Neighbourhood Centre as a major fundraiser for the Centre’s community services. The Festival is more than a showcase of creative talent; it’s about raising much needed funds that go back into helping provide support for marginalised people of Surry Hills.”
Join us in celebrating the Surry Hills Community, and share your STORIES, LOVE AND TALES of Surry Hills.
A large part of the success of the annual Surry Hills Festival lies with the passionate enthusiastic volunteers who give their time so generously in the lead up to the Festival and on Festival Day.
Registrations are open for PRE-EVENT Workshop and Decor installation & set up shifts and EVENT DAY Fundraising Shifts – see available shifts on the left hand side.
Event Day – Fabulous Fundraising Team – Registrations OPEN
- Register for a shift to assist the Festival in their fundraising effort and be part of the Fabulous Fundraising Team
- The Festival is the major fundraiser for the Surry Hills Neighbourhood Centre, which makes important community services available and gives life, hope and support to people
- A very rewarding and fun role
- Shifts are short so you have plenty of time to enjoy the festival also
Pre-event Art Workshop Assistant – Registrations OPEN
- Every Wednesday and Saturday shifts available
- Engage the community in participating in the public art projects: Popping Pompoms and Wall of Fame (head here for more information on the projects)
- Have fun being involved and supporting outstanding projects
Pre-event – Festival Décor & Art Installation Assistants – Registrations OPEN
- A great chance to showcase/sharpen your skills for event décor and installation
- Assist with setting up this year’s festival two main art installations: The Popping Pom Poms and The Surry Hills Wall of Fame (head here for more information on the projects).
- A great opportunity for those who want to gain an insight into the look and feel of event set-up and installations
- Snacks and beverages
- Feeling of contribution and satisfaction
- Certificate of Appreciation
- Volunteer Thank You event
Plus volunteers get to experience a great team spirit, and the reward of knowing that their investment has been part of raising awareness and financial support for the community service of the Surry Hills Neighbourhood Centre.
Register your interest to join the team today!