13th & 14th Oct 2012
Event Location: Olympic Park – Camden – Olympic Park
The Sunsuper Ride to Conquer Cancer is an epic 2 day, 200km cycling adventure on a quest to end cancer. The money participants raise for The Ride will benefit the Chris O’Brien Lifehouse at RPA.During one outstanding weekend, October 13-14,2012, thousands of women and men will unite in Sydney in a bold display of courage, commitment and passion. It’s a weekend of hope, as we honour lives lost, celebrate survivors, and support vital cancer research and care at the Chris O’Brien Lifehouse.
Volunteer with us…
In order for this event to happen we require Route Marshals to assist us for the weekend. As route marshals you will play a vital role in the event and bring the weekend to life by supporting the riders! Route Marshals will be shuttled along the route and positioned at key locations to direct riders as they ride to and from Camden.
You can do a morning or an afternoon shift. You will start and finish at Olympic Park. Please register on the right hand side for AM or PM shifts.
If you would like to help the entire weekend your schedule will be:
- 5am – 6pm Saturday 13th Oct Sydney Olympic Park to Camden. Volunteers will be shuttled to positions along the route throughout the day. Volunteers will move around positions during the day, changes will coincide with breaks.
- Camping Saturday night in Camden, tent, dinner, hot showers and party provided! NB Volunteers must bring own sleeping bag, pillow and mat.
- 5am – 4pm Sunday 14th Oct Camden to Sydney Olympic Park. Volunteers will be shuttled to positions along the route throughout the day. Volunteers will move around positions during the day, changes will coincide with breaks.
After check in, volunteer belongings will be taken to camping area. All volunteer transport during the event is provided.
You can register on the right side for Weekend shift.
Volunteers briefing session is on Friday October 12th from 6.00pm – 8pm. This will be held in Sydney Olympic Park, exact address TBC.
This opportunity is open to volunteers from the age of 16. Volunteers under the age of 18 need to be accompanied by a guardian.
Volunteers will join us for two days, 13-14th October and will be provided with:
- transport to and from Sydney Olympic Park,
- crew t-shirts,
- food & drinks throughout the weekend
- a tent
- camping amenities provided.
Each rider participating in the event has raised $2,500+ for cancer research, making it an epic challenge and a very exciting achievement for the participants and a rewarding experience for crew members who volunteer their time to support the cause.