Event Dates: 30th Nov – 7th December
Location: Newcastle and Hunter Regions
The Special Olympics 2013 Asia Pacific Games will bring together 32 nations from across the Asia Pacific region. Over 2,500 athletes and carers, 6,000 officials and supporters from overseas and interstate and 200,000 spectators will converge on the Newcastle-Hunter region for the duration of the Games. Over 4000 local volunteers are being recruited to make the Special Olympics 2013 Asia Pacific Games possible. For more information about the Games please head to http://www.specialolympicsasiapacgames2013.com
Athletes from the Asia Pacific region will compete across nine sports – Athletics, Badminton, Basketball, Bocce, Cricket, Football, Swimming, Table Tennis and Ten Pin Bowling.
Join the volunteer program and become part of something special!
Becoming an official volunteer for the Special Olympics Asia Pacific Games 2013 would allow you to make a difference in the lives of intellectually disabled athletes. We rely on volunteers to create a fun, friendly and supportive environment for all those involved in the Games.
The Special Olympics Asia Pacific Games volunteer program is managed by Eventeamwork but through a separate CERVIS system. That means that if you are registered on the Eventeamwork CERVIS system you won’t be able to log in to the Special Olympic Asia Pacific Games CERVIS system automatically, you need to register a new profile.
* This separate system was implemented to make it easier for volunteers to be allocated to their functional area for Special Olympics Asia Pacific Games volunteering.
To register your profile to volunteer for Special Olympics Asia Pacific Games please make sure you are logged out from your Eventeamwork CERVIS account and close the CERVIS window, then follow the link to
Here are few details and rules relating to the volunteer program:
- You will be part of a team of 5000 volunteers
- There are positions for everyone – general and skilled volunteers
- Long-term positions are also available
- Volunteers must complete a minimum of 4 shifts throughout the 10 days of the Games
- You can register your online profile below or download the form here, complete and post it to us
- Within 5 working days after registering your profile, you will receive confirmation of your involvement and you will be allocated to a group (functional area)
- From late July you will be able to select your preferred shifts in the functional area you have been allocated
- Special event shifts such as the Opening Ceremony, Closing Celebration and Healthy Athlete Program will be available to all approved volunteers
- Some positions require a phone or face-to-face interview. We will contact you to arrange a time if an interview is required for your preferred position.
- As a volunteer you will receive an official uniform including a polo shirt and cap.
- Meals will be provided to volunteers during shifts that are 4 hours or longer.
- As a team, we encourage you to join the fundraising efforts for the Games. We will create an online fundraising page for each volunteer to share with friends and family.
This is our time to shine!