Event Date: Saturday 31st October 2015
Event Location: Sydney International Regatta Centre – (Penrith area)
Welcome to the scariest obstacle race on the planet!
Running Scared is an after-dark 8km run contaminated with 20 fear filled freaky obstacles including the popular House of Horrors maze.
As you make your way through a challenging course, it’s what lurks in the dark shadows that will get your adrenalin pumping. With over 100 live-scare actors trained, pumped and ready to provide a thrilling and unforgettable scare experience, Running Scared is a great night out with friends for Halloween!
For more information about Running Scared, visit the event website – www.runningscared.com.au
Join the Volunteer Team and make this unique event possible!
TO REGISTER, follow the easy steps below to ensure you are prepared for this unique event!
- Select your shift on the left hand side of the page.
Please read through the shift options and benefits offered for each carefully
Please note: If you wish to run the course, you will need to register and pay for your run. A link to do so will be provided in your shift confirmation email
- Decide on your transport option.
- If you require a spot on the Running Scared volunteer shuttle you need to register for your seat as you would a shift. A link will be provided in your volunteer shift confirmation email.
- If you are driving there is free parking available onsite
- Please make sure you also book your return shuttle at the above link for the morning if needed
- Decide on your accommodation option.
- Running Scared are offering free camping (bring your own equipment). If you require a spot, register as you would for a shift. A link will be provided in your volunteer shift confirmation email.
- Hotels are available around Penrith (PLEASE NOTE: no shuttle offered to hotels)
Please Note: The last train from Penrith Station to the city is at 12.20am. If you are unable to drive or be picked up, we recommend to stay in Penrith or on site overnight. The NightRide bus is available from Penrith station – shuttle will be provided to Penrith Station (needs to be booked).
- Volunteer AND Run OR Volunteer Only
*You will be allocated to a role from Registration, Bag Drop, Information or Obstacle Monitors
- Set up Crew
- Pack up Crew (Sunday 1st November 2015)
- Scare Team (*please read description carefully)
Please remember that by signing up as a volunteer for Running Scared you are aware that most shifts are in the evening and finish around 1.30am.
You have the possibility to camp onsite with your own camping equipment (no camping equipment provided).
If you have any questions about the roles and shifts please contact us on [email protected]
- Event T-Shirt
- Meal and refreshments
- Volunteer Shuttle (needs to be booked)
- FREE parking
- FREE camping (own equipment requirement)
- An opportunity to run for free! (for select roles – please read description)
- Being part of an exciting event
- Volunteer Certificate
- Reference Letter (on request)
Getting to your shift
A Running Scared volunteer shuttle bus will be available at specific times from / to Penrith train station.
Volunteers are of course more than welcome to drive. There will be free parking onsite.
What are you waiting for? REGISTER NOW On the left hand side of the page.