Event Date: Saturday 2nd & Sunday 3rd February 2013
Event Location: Glenrock State Conservation Reserve, Merewether (Newcastle NSW)
Short, fast and fun, and suitable for anyone and everyone with a real sense of adventure, the Kathmandu Adventure Series is designed to offer the perfect introduction to the exhilarating sport of adventure racing.
Designed for teams of two, the races are fun, fast and furious with teams having to change between three core disciplines several times during the event… Mountain biking, running / trekking, and kayaking. These non-stop events will take between two to six hours to complete so there is never any time to get bored or tired – you will constantly be challenged throughout the race, physically and mentally!
The courses consist of 15-25km of mountain biking, 5-10km of trail running/trekking and 2-4km of kayaking. There are multiple legs of each discipline, which add up to the distances quoted.
Being an event marshall is an ideal way to see the challenge first hand (maybe you are considering to compete next time?) or as a means of offering your skills to assist the Kathmandu Adventure Series. We need volunteers for the following:
- Manning checkpoints
- Race Registration
- Finish area
If you’re interested in assisting at the Kathmandu Adventure Series Glenrock event then please register for the available shifts below.
As a volunteer you also receive a Maximum Adventure t-shirt, cap, a snack bag and a $50 Kathmandu voucher (or equivalent).
Join the Volunteer Team and make this great event possible.
It will be an amazing day out, so register now on the right side of the page.
Glenrock State Conservation Reserve, Merewether, New South Wales
You will need to make your own way to the event, no transport is provided.
We can however assist with carpooling. If you have spare seats in your car and are happy to take other volunteers to share costs OR if you are interested in volunteering and require a ride please let us know via email at [email protected]
Travelling from Sydney
Travelling north from Sydney on the Sydney-Newcastle Freeway
- Take the Budgewoi/Swansea/Charlestown (Doyalson) Exit
- Turn right at Bennetts Green to stay on the Pacific Hwy
- After 500m, take the 2nd right onto Oakdale Rd
- After 400m, turn left at Bulls Garden Rd
- At the roundabout (1.8km), take the 4th exit onto Dudley Rd
- After 500m, turn left at Burwood Rd
- After 2.5km, turn right at Gun Club Rd (Camp Rd)
- Please take care and drive slowly down Gun Club Road as it is very narrow and windy.
- Follow Gun Club Road until you reach the Scout Camp at the bottom of the hill. Please follow the directions of the marshals who will direct you to the car park.
Please Note: Your car will not be able to leave (if you are getting dropped off) the car parking area until after the event has started. As it is a one way road into the event, before the start.