Sydney Olympic Park to Cronulla
This is a great chance to start volunteering in a very relaxed and friendly atmosphere for first timers and of course, a fantastic day for returning volunteers too!
After their shift, all volunteers are invited at the finish line in Cronulla for a celebration of a great day of volunteering!
How does the day work?
The route is divided into sectors and sites. Each area is looked after by a wonderful Team Leader. You will meet your team at an easily accessible meeting point (such as a train station) and your team leader will brief you, give you your volunteer bag and meal pack and then allocate you to your position and be your point of contact throughout the shift looking after you. We promise this will be a great day as part of a wonderful team!
Roles Available – see all available shifts on the left hand side of this page or click per role below
Pre- and Post event roles – CLICK HERE
- Mail outs
- Pre Event Expo
- Load/ Unload equipment truck
- Finish Site Set up- Cronulla
- Bag Packing Heart Foundation bags- Cronulla
Route Marshals – CLICK HERE
Please note: you are NOT required to have a bicycle for Route Marshal positions.
See sector meeting points below or click here for the route map with sector locations.
- Sector A – FULL
- Sector B – FULL
- Sector C – FULL
- Route Marshal Fillers- Tempe Train Station
- Sector D- Tempe Train Station – FULL
- Sector E- Arncliffe Station
- Sector F- Rockdale Train Station
- Sector G- Caringbah Train Station – Close to finish line!
- Sector H- Woolooware Train Station – Close to finish line!
- Sector I- Woolooware Train Station Close to finish line!
- Sector J- Woolooware Train Station Close to finish line!
Site Assistants (start, finish and rest stops) – CLICK HERE
- Start Site- Bicentennial Park
- Start Site – Cahill Park, Wolli Creek
- Ford Park Rest Stop- South Strathfield
- Peter Depena Reserve Rest Stop- Sandringham
- Bonna Point Reserve Rest Stop- Kurnell
Registration Tent Assistants- Positions Filled
Ride Crew – CLICK HERE
Signage Crew – CLICK HERE
- Signage Preparation- Wednesday 9th
- Pre event signage- Saturday 12th
- Sign Sweep- during event- Sunday 13th
- Post event signage – Monday 14th
Bike Mechanics – CLICK HERE
- Meal and water
- Bicycle NSW volunteer t-shirt and hat
- Volunteer Bag
- Certificate of Appreciation
- Opportunity to ride part of the Gear up Girl for FREE (you will need to indicate this when you sign up to volunteer)
- Opportunity to win some cool “Volunteer Only” prizes
- Volunteer Celebration at the finish line
Gear Up Girl volunteers will receive an online briefing which will be emailed to you in the week leading up to the event. You will also have a Team Leader who will meet you at the beginning of your shift. They will provide you with a briefing onsite and will be able to answer any questions you might have.
What are you waiting for? Join us for this very fun and rewarding volunteering opportunity to support Bicycle NSW in this great initiative. Check out all the shifts on the left hand side of this page.
If you have any questions, please contact us on [email protected].