Event Dates: Friday 30th May – Monday 2nd June
Location: NSW Wide
This is not your everyday volunteering opportunity! It is a chance to be involved in a NSW wide Flash Mob with a difference. It is suitable for absolutely everyone, all you need is about an hour free on May 30th, 31st, June 1st OR 2nd. Too easy!
The more members Bicycle NSW can recruit and retain significantly influences our ability to serve our members, the community and to deliver on the mission of ‘creating a better environment for cycling’.
More members equals:
– a stronger business with the resources to deliver great events, great discounts, and great benefits
– a louder voice with greater influence on improved safety and developing infrastructure.
Together, we can ROOOOOAAAARRRRRRRR!
But lets roar in a positive way, and say thank you to all existing bike riders. Our key audience to target are existing bike riders of all genres. To reach these riders we can easily identify them through their bicycle.
On May 30 through to and including June 2 Bicycle NSW will saturate NSW with a “thanks for riding a bike, and please join Bicycle NSW” message. This will be done through a powerful and playful, rogue Membership Flash Mob who swarm bike popular areas and decorate any and every bicycle with a friendly handle bar swing tag.
How to get involved and how it all works
1. Register on the left hand side of the page. Pick one of the listed locations or if you wish to spread the cycling love in your local area just email [email protected] and we will add your local area in. The more volunteers and areas we can involve in this Flashmob the better!
2. Receive your Membership Flash Mob Info Pack by post. This will include all the information you need, swing tags to attach to bikes, instructions of what to do and a Bicycle NSW bag to have with you on the day. There will be no event coordinator with you on the day so it is up to you to be there and swarm the bikes with the friendly handle bar swing tag.
If you can pick up this pack from the Bicycle NSW office in Olympic Park please let us know by email at [email protected]
3. Flash Mob the bikes! On the day and location you signed up for, go wild and attach swing tags to as many bikes as you can see and find. Please note the times on the event are flexible and you are welcome to do this at any time of the day – the best time is when there are the most bikes!
4. Instagram your pics. Submit photos by Instagram with the hashtag #yourideyourock and #bicyclensw so we can see your good work! No Instagram? Don’t worry you will be able to email them in too.
5. Receive a certificate of thanks!
Get your friends involved – this will be more fun with friends so encourage your friends to join in. Please note only one of you needs to register for a shift so we only send one pack out.